“LED is the future of lighting”
LED stands for Light Emitting Diode.
Here at ZEVINI, we only recommend LED Light Bulbs or Integrated LED with our lighting range. Put simply, LEDs are better for the environment. Totally, LED haves 3 advantages compared to standard incandescent bulbs.
Benefits the Environment
- LED contains no mercury (unlike CFLs) and have a much smaller environmental impact.
- Less energy consumption and wastage from using LED, and that caused by lighting currently makes up to 6% of global carbon emissions. A global switch to LED technology could save over 1,400 million tons of CO2 and avoid the construction of 1,250 power stations.
Benefits your Wallet
- Rather than operating on an alternating current (AC) LED operates on a direct current (DC). Rather than operating on an alternating current (AC), LED operates on a direct current (DC), which means instead of warming a filament to produce light (in which way 95% of energy is lost as heat), energy passes through a semi-conductor to light up. • According to experimental data, LED bulbs can be 60-70 percent more energy-efficient than conventional incandescent lights and cut energy use by up to 70 percent.
- There is no filament that can be broken, reducing the chance of breakage before use. Some LED bulbs last as long as 20 years before they need replacing. On average, the homeowner will save about $75 per bulb on the lifetime operation of an LED bulb vs. a traditional incandescent. Multiply if you have a number of bulbs in the home and that can add up to considerable savings.
Benefits Family Environment
- UV Free - UV emissions are said to be harmful to health after prolonged exposure.
- Incandescent bulbs release 90 percent of their energy as infrared radiation making them hot to the touch. While CFLs release 80 percent of their energy, a high-quality LED produces no infrared radiation keeping them typically cool to the touch.
*All data comes from published journals and experimental environments in the laboratory. The practical effects may be affected by weather, humidity, etc.